Some Guiding Questions
The following are questions that will shape the
- What are the underlying challenges facing municipal
water privatization across regions from different
- What are the needs of labor/union activists as they
build a movement to maintain water under public control?
- How can we bring together activists and water utility
- How can we learn from each other's experiences and also
connect in solidarity in local struggles against municipal
- How do we link domestic and international struggles and
- Are there common issues of class, race, and gender?
- What is the role of U.S. Government in International and
Domestic Water Privatization?
- How does local activism contribute to a state by-state
- What has worked and how can lessons be implemented?
- How can public/public partnerships strengthen municipal
systems? What is being done now and what else could be done
Draft Agenda for Event